Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be inspired by the Holy Spirit, therefore, it is the only infallible, authoritative Word of God in all matters of faith and conduct.
Psalm 19:7-9; I Corinthians 2:13; II Timothy 3:15-17; II Peter 1:20-21; Revelation 22:18-19
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Genesis 1:1-3; Isaiah 44:6-8; Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 12:29; John 1:1-4; Acts 5:3-4; II Corinthians 13:14
- We believe in God the Father, an infinite, personal spirit; perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of each person, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
Genesis 21:33; Isaiah 40:28; Exodus 33:14; John 4:24; Revelation 4:8; Romans 11:33-34;Jeremiah 32:17; Ephesians 1:19-20; Jeremiah 31:3; Romans 5:8; II Samuel 24:14; I John 5:14-15
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutionary and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His continuous intercession for His people, and in His personal return in power and in glory.
John 1:1, 2, 14, 18; John 3:16; Luke 1:34-35, & 24:27; Hebrews 4:15; Romans 3:23-26, & 8:34; Mark 8:38; Matthew 24:30; I Corinthians 15:3-4
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who convicts the world of sin and indwells believers enabling them to live godly lives.
John 3:5-8, 14:16-17, & 16:13-14; Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 4:30-32, & 5:18
- We believe that everyone is born with a sinful nature, separated from God and in need of salvation.Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for salvation through the repentance from sin and the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
John 3:5-8; John 5:24; Ephesians 1:6-7, 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; I Peter 1:23; Acts 2:21
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation.
Luke 16:19-26; II Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:23; II Thessalonians 1:7-9; Revelation 20:11-15
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:42-47; Romans 15:5-6; I Corinthians 11:23-26, & 12:13; Ephesians 1:22-23, & 4:3-6
© 2000 Moms In Touch International/Moms in Prayer International